How Do I Join?
Just shoot us a quick message. Let us know which ensemble(s) are of interest and which instrument(s) you play (or for spinOUT, if you have experience with flags, rifles, and/or sabres). Our membership director will put you in touch with the right people and make sure that you know where to go, when to be there, and what to bring along. Want to sit in a on a rehearsal to see what we're like? We'd love to have you!
Should I Join?
Do you enjoy making music as part of a band - or providing visual pizazz as part of a color guard? Maybe you're new in town and looking for a way to meet other musicians and keep motivated to practice and perform. Or maybe you keep thinking about picking up an instrument or flag you haven't touched in 15 years, but you're concerned that you're not ready to jump into a group yet.
You're just who we're looking for!
Our members span a wide range of experience and ability, and our goal is to select music and provide coaching that allows everyone to exercise and improve their skills. For our non-audition ensembles, all we ask is that you be able to read music and have at least basic skills on your instrument. Need to find a teacher for individual lessons? Need to find a place to rent an instrument? Our members can probably help you find the resources you need. Not ready to play a featured part? No problem! Looking for an opportunity to play a featured part? Terrific! We love showing off all of our members' talent, but also let members build confidence without pressure.
When Do You Rehearse?
- Concert Band: Tuesdays 7 - 9:30 pm in Wedgwood (Sep - Mar)
- Swing Band/Jazz Combo: Mondays 7 - 9:30 pm in Lynnwood (year-round with breaks)
- Marching Band: Tuesdays 7 - 9 pm in Wedgwood (Apr - Jun)
- Pep Band: No regular rehearsals; we run through a few pieces prior to each gig.
- Color Guard: as arranged by members (Apr - Jun)
- Small Ensembles: as arranged by members (varies by group and performance schedule)